Cake Poster: GUGELHUPF (Eastern Europe)
A cake with a slightly confused Central European heritage and a few different spellings, the Gugelhupf is a culinary icon. Born in the 1500’s, and rumoured to be named after a hat or hood, the gugelhupf is a heavy yeasted dough that is non-negotiably baked in a high, swirled bundt (or ring) pan. Raisins, lemon peel, slivered almonds, rosewater or spirits like Kirsch can be added to personalise the cake. It is traditionally served dusted with icing sugar, to catch the geometric pattern like fresh snow.
Signed artist print on heavyweight (180gsm) paper.
Print measures 420mm x 597mm (standard A2)
– If you wish to collect artwork from Collingwood, Melbourne, please use the discount code 'COLLINGWOOD' at checkout
– Please note artwork will ship rolled, with Sendle Couriers. Sendle will not ship to a PO Box / Parcel Locker address, so if you provide one of those your order will go with Australia Post.
– If you'd like your piece to ship flat, a different courier can be arranged!
– Price quoted for shipping is for un-framed work only. Please get in touch directly if you'd like a framed piece shipped.
– Framed artwork uses a custom 30mm white timber frame. Please contact me directly if you'd like to order another finish.